数据与创作的抉择
数据会说话。
Data speaks.
Just like a bank account: what exists, exists; what doesn’t, doesn’t.
Today, in the face of massive amounts of data, the market is becoming more precise than ever.
Data tells me what people are searching for, what they like, and what they expect.
So I can follow the data to create, cater to the market, reduce trial and error, and even make every creation closer to “the answer most people want.”
And then, a question emerges:
If data tells me how to take every step of my creative journey;
if all I need to do is satisfy the market, rather than express myself—
am I truly creating,
or am I simply executing an answer already written by data?
Catering is smart; staying true is freedom.
Perhaps true creativity is not about becoming what the market wants most,
but having the courage to ask, when all the data tells me “this is what you should do”:
“What if I choose not to?”
When I create according to the market’s answer,
am I creating, or am I predicting?
Is my creation still creation?
Am I still me?
