2009-07-23

4 reasons I do not invest in mutual fund

With a financial education, a person does not need to pay a mutual fund company to lose their money.

4 reasons I do not invest in mutual fund:

1. A mutual fund's financial structure is weighted to the benefit of the mutual fund company, not you, the equity partner.

2. A mutual fund's expenses are too high and not fully disclosed. I put up 100 percent of the money, take 100 percent of the risk, and the mutual fund takes 80 percent of the rewards. That is not a good partner when it comes to finance.

3. When I invest in real estate, I use as much of the bank's money as possible, which means I get more leverage investing in real estate than I do with mutual funds.

4. I can lose money in mutual funds and still be charged capital gain taxes on money I did not make. That is definitely not fair.