2008-05-14

Create Your Own Luck

“Luck is when opportunity meets preparedness.”

I don’t know who made that statement. But whoever said it, I agree.

I've often heard people talking about how so-and-so is so lucky (as if to emphasize that they themselves are not lucky). I think what's really happening is the complainers aren't “working themselves into luck.” If you want to be lucky, prepare for something big.

Developing your talents requires work, and work creates luck. Having this attitude toward success is a great way to set yourself on a rewarding course for your life.

There was a lot of talk for a while about venting your frustrations and anxieties and how it might be healthy to get them off your chest. To a point, yes, but to an exaggerated degree, no. I read an article recently about how complaining, without doing anything about it, is actually detrimental to physical and mental well-being.



http://www.trumpuniversity.com/connect/newsletters/itt/issue110.cfm#1