2008-10-09

The magic of mistakes

Just remember the frustration you went through as you struggled to learn how to ride a bicycle.

All your friends are riding but all you are doing is climbing on the bike and immediately falling off. You make mistake after mistake.

Then suddenly, you stop falling off, you begin to peddle, the bike begins rolling, and then suddenly like magic, a whole new world opens to you.

That is the magic found in mistakes.

Street smarts versus school smarts

Yet each time he made a mistake, instead of being depressed, he often seemed happier, wiser, more determined, and even richer from the experience.

"Mistakes are how we learn. Every time I make a mistake, I always learn something about myself, I learn something new, and I often meet new people I would never have met."

On the street, you are given the mistake first then it's up to you to find the lessons, if you ever find it.

On the street, you are smart only if you make mistakes and learn from them.