2011-10-03

Are You An App?

I’m personally in favour of no retirement age limit and for freedom of choice as well as for market forces to prevail. If a person wants to retire by 55 (or earlier), he should be allowed to do so, and if he wants to work until 75 (or later), he should be able to do so too, provided his employers are agreeable.

I guess I hold this view because I have an unconventional perspective of work. I’m a freelancer, so any kind of mandatory retirement age limit would not apply to me.

Whether you are a millionaire, a manager or a teacher, you will one day have to make a transition from the struggle for success to the quest for significance. ~ Bob Buford

And what exactly is “significance”?

a great life involves “using your strengths, understanding what it is that makes you unique, realising the truest expression of who you are – and doing that persistently in the service of something larger than yourself”. ~ Daniel Pink, A Whole New Mind

And the mid-point of your life – “Half Time” – is the best time to think about what you can do so that at the end of your career, you don’t end up wondering “Is this all there is to life?”

Half Time
Oon Yeoh
http://www.thesundaily.my/news/166169


I cost them almost nothing. I don't have health care. I can be deleted at a moment's notice. I'm not a valued employee anymore. I'm an app.