2008-08-29

The Most Important Quadrant

You want to learn how to operate from all quadrants.
Being able to sit on both sides of the table allows you to see both sides of the coin.


The Most Important Quadrant

Mike already had a personal investment portfolio of over $200,000 by the time he was 15. You had nothing. All you had was the idea of going to school so you could get a job with benefits. That is what your dad thought was important.

Ridch dad reminded me that his son Mike knew how to be an investor before he left high school.

"I never tried to influence him in his choice of careers," said rich dad."I wanted him to follow his interests, even if it meant he did not take over my business. But whether he chose to be a policeman, politician, or a poet, I wanted him to first be an investor. You'll become far richer if you learn to be an investor, regardless of what you do to earn the money along the way."

Years later, as I met more and more people who came from well-to-do families, many of them said the same thing. Many of my wealthy friends said that their families started an investment portfolio for them when they were very young and then guided them in learning to be investors - before deciding what type of profession they wanted to enter.