2010-07-05

Big Boom in Hawaii

Gold, copper, oil, and stocks are all dropping in price. This is probably because China and Europe are in serious trouble. Markets are holding their breath, hoping the Chinese and European problems don't spread. If the deflation continues, cash will be king. That's good news for anyone who has cash because bargains will surface.

Gold is obviously in a bubble. Everywhere I go, I see signs saying, "We buy gold.". If I were hungry, I would rather have food than gold. And Sears just announced they're going to sell gold. When Sears is in the gold business, it's time to be cautious. I'm glad I bought gold when it was under $400 an ounce.

While you might want to be cautious with gold, I still think silver is a good buy because silver is an industrial precious metal. Like oil, it's consumed and stockpiles are low.

This crisis is the Conspiracy of the rich in action. They do well while the rest of the world weakens and waits for someone to save them. During crisis like this one, despots and dictators arise. This is a great time to live through history in the making.