2010-01-06

Financial Freedom

What would it mean to you to begin to get control of your finances and your life?

Imagine the positive changes that you and your family would experience if you had more choices about what to do with your time.

We all have to start somewhere to achieve what some say is that unattainable dream.

Today, with smart planning and the support of like minded people, you can do it!

To learn to take control – control of your health, your image and your finances.

Financial control comes through financial independence.

What exactly is financial independence?

For many people financial freedom translates to: “I’m going to work until I’m 65 and then retire.”

My definition is simply this….when my monthly cash flow from my assets is equal to or greater than my monthly living expenses, then I am financially independent.

The importance of this definition is CONTROL.
I buy my assets, manage my assets and control the cash flow these assets create. Rather than letting money control me, I control the assets which create the money. You can learn this, too.

The other importance of this definition of independence is TIME.
Instead of working for a lifetime, and saving for a lifetime, my financial independence is NOW.

I do not have to have enough MONEY to last me the rest of my life. I need enough ASSETS to continuously CREATE money that will last the rest of my life.

I enjoy my financial independence now, while I’m young, rather than later when I’m older. I control my time.

In short, the formula is: buy and create assets that generate cash flow.

The cash flow from my assets pay for my living expenses.

Once my monthly cash flow from my assets is equal to or greater than my monthly living expenses then I am financially independent.

I am financially free because my assets are throwing off cash flow and are working for me. I no longer have to work for money.

A simple definition of an asset is something that puts money in your pocket.

An asset may be a rental property that has a positive cash flow.
It may be a business in which you invested that gives you cash flow every year.
It could be a stock that pays a dividend.

The key is that it is an investment from which you receive money on a regular basis – it provides positive cash flow.

What Is Cash Flow?

Let’s say you put X amount of money into an investment. It may be stocks, real estate, or investing in a business venture.

Every month (or quarter or year) you receive a return (or payment to you) on the money you invested.

In the world of stocks, a dividend from a stock you own is a form of cash flow.
In business, it’s the check you receive each month from the profits of the business.
In real estate, it’s the remaining rent you collect from your tenant after you’ve paid all the expenses.

Cash flow continues to flow in as long as you own the asset (and it is managed well). Once you sell that asset then the cash flow ends.

The path I followed that led me to become financially free is not rocket science. The formula is actually quite simple.

However, it’s not necessarily easy. It does take time and education.

It will not happen overnight. But I guarantee you that when you start to see your cash flow coming in, the game becomes a lot of fun… and your efforts become well worth the journey.

Learn to take financial control through financial education.

Kim Kiyosaki
Financial Literacy Advocate and author of the bestseller Rich Woman


Financial Freedom, Time Freedom, Geographical Freedom
Retire Young Retire Rich through a SOLID internet business!