2010-01-09

Tips Of The Month - Wisdom From Albert Einstein

First of all, happy new year to all of you.

Today I have a quote from Albert Einstein that can set you thinking about your life and direction in 2010.

Before giving you the quote, let me share with you a story - my own story......

Like many entrepreneurs, I had a dream of running my own multi-million business. I was lucky to be able to partner with a savvy businessman, who runs a multi-million wholesaling business.

With his advice, I started importing and distributing goods to hypermarkets, departmental stores and retailers. After all, that was how he started and I was learning to follow his footpath.

Soon, I ran into all kinds of problems - bank loans, inventory overstocking, bad debts, faulty goods etc. This is the kind of problem my business partner is facing everyday in his own business. To him, it's part of the process of running the business, and part of the process of making money.

I love problem solving and I am pretty good at that. After all, problem solving was what we were trained in school. But I asked myself this question: "Do I want to live this kind of life forever?" My answer was no.

Gradually, I converted the company into an online company, providing online services. No more inventory, no more bank loans, no more bad debt and no more faulty goods. I gave up my dream of running a multi-million business.

Initially, I thought I was quite a coward, a loser, as I was unwilling to take up the challenge of problem solving, until I stumbled across a quote by Albert Einstein.

Here's the quote:

"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them." - Albert Einstein

I'm definitely not a genius, but this quote certainly makes me feel good.

Most people may interpret this quote as "prevention is better than cure". But I see more to it.

What I'm seeing is if there is a way to avoid it, I don't even have to think of preventing it, not to mention solving it.

That's what I was doing in my business. Instead of solving those unavoidable problems in running a wholesaling business, I decided to change my business direction to online business, where such problems do not exist at all.

The end result is, without all these problems, I can better focus on growing my business and eventually earn more.

So my friend, are you a problem solver?

To your success,
Kenneth Koh
Founder, EmailCashPro.com

http://www.emailcashpro.com/201001.php